XTERRA 2017 Kraków – Poland (12 August 2017)
RULES OF COMPETITION
- To promote the city of Kraków
- To promote cross triathlon as a multi-discipline sport for active and healthy lifestyle
- XTERRA Poland Kids 2017 is organised by Stowarzyszenie Sport Bez Barier, ul. Promowa 10, 30-398 Kraków, Poland, and Poland Sport Promotion Spółka z o.o., ul. Czarnowiejska 6, 31-126 Kraków.
- Stowarzyszenie Sport Bez Barier, ul. Promowa 10, 30-398 Kraków, Poland, is the data controller in relation to the data processed in connection with XTERRA Poland Kids 2017 within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws 2016, item 922).
- The provision of personal data is voluntary but necessary to participate in the Competition. Persons who provided their personal data have the right to access and correct their data and to revoke their consent to data processing at any time. The Organiser may process personal data in connection with the organisation of XTERRA Poland Kids 2017 also in collaboration with other parties to the extent necessary to organise XTERRA Poland Kids 2017.
- The competitor’s personal data may be transferred to parties cooperating with the Data Controller in connection with XTERRA Poland Kids 2017 and related campaigns under entrustment contracts in accordance with Article 31 of the Personal Data Processing Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws 2016, item 922).
III. HONORARY PATRONAGE
- Polish Triathlon Union
- President of the City of Kraków
- Ministry of Sports and Tourism
- Wojciech Mazurkiewicz
- Marcin Błaszczyk
V. INDICATIVE SCHEDULE
Will be communicated shortly
VI. AGE CATEGORIES, DISTANCE, COURSE
- Age categories:
- Category 1: 6-7 years (2010-2011) – aquathlon: 50 m swim and 1 km bike
- Category 2: 8-9 years (2009-2008) – aquathlon: 100 m swim and 1 km bike
- Category 3: 10-11 years (2006-2007) – triathlon: 100 m swim, 2,1 km bike, 1 km bieg
- Category 4: 12-13 years (2005-2004) – triathlon: 200 m swim, 2,1 km bike, 1 km bieg
- Category 5: 14-15 years (2003-2002) – triathlon: 200 m swim, 4,2 km bike (2 loops, bikes must be walked or ridden up the ramp), 1 km run.
- Swim will be in the Zakrzówek Quarry (Zalew Zakrzówek) (start in water). Age categories 6-7 years and 7-8 years will start from the shore.
- The expected water temperature: 18-22o
- The bike route will be along forst paths, gravel roads and meadows.
- The run route will be along paved roads and hard-surfaced forest roads.
- Races will be electronically chip timed in all age categories.
- START, FINISH, the Race Office and the Expo zone will be located at Wyłom Street, Kraków. The exact location (with an indication on the map) of START, FINISH, the Race Office and the Expo zone, as well as swim, bike and run routes will be presented on the XTERRA Poland website and fanpage.
VII. REGISTRATION AND FEES
- You may register online at http://xterrapoland.pl/.
- Online registrations will close on 10 August 2017. On 11–13 August 2017, you may only register at the Race Office within its opening hours.
- A total limit of 30 race kits applies in each age category. Competitors will be accepted in the order in which they register and pay the fee. The day of payment is the date the money is credited to the Organiser’s account or paid at the Race Office. The race kit is guaranteed to those who register and pay the fee before the limit of race kits is reached. No registration will be possible after the limit is reached. Competitors who register at the Race Office are not guaranteed to receive the complete race kit (this does not apply to items necessary to participate in the Competition, such as a swimming cap, a set of race numbers, a timing chip).
- No registration fees apply to disabled persons (a certificate of disability is required) and to persons exempted from the fee by the Organiser.
- The Organiser will verify eligibility for exemption from the registration free at the time of collection of a race kit at the Race Office
- Entry fees are not refundable unless the race is cancelled through the fault of the Organiser or payment is made after the time limit or the limit referred to above is reached.
- The entry fee is PLN 20.
- The entry fee is payable upon registration. Payments are made via the automatic system available on our website.
- The operator of the registration panel is responsible for refunds and complaints, if any, related to online and credit card payments.
- In the case of registration at the Race Office, the fee will be payable in cash in PLN or EUR (please bring the exact sum, otherwise you risk that your payment will not be accepted).
- The registration fee comprises:
- a race kit (a swimming cap, a set of race numbers and a deposit bag, a returnable timing chip, a deposit bag, a finisher’s T-shirt),
- a finisher’s medal,
- a post-race meal.
VIII. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION, REGISTRATION
- The event is open to everybody.
- Persons who are at least 6 years of age and no more than 16 years of age as of 12 August 2017, and fulfil the conditions stated below, may compete in XTERRA Poland Kids
- In order to compete, a competitor must be registered by his/her parent/legal guardian via the website or at the Race Office. The parent/legal guardian must also give his/her written consent to the competitor’s participation in the Competition. The consent must be shown at the Race Office at the time of collection of the race kit. A race kit for an underage competitor may only be collected by his/her parent/legal guardian upon presentation of an identity document. The parent/guardian consent form is enclosed as Annex 3 to the Rules of Competition and can be downloaded from the website. You are advised to download and fill out the form and submit it at the Race Office. Underage competitors are not allowed to register or collect a race kit on their own. Parents or legal guardians who register an underage person take over responsibility for his/her participation in the race.
- Only the competitors registered in accordance with the Rules of Competition will be allowed to participate in XTERRA Poland Kids 2017.
- To participate in the race, you have to:
- fill out the registration form in order to register in accordance with the Rules of Competition;
- pay the registration fee in the amount and at the date stipulated in the Rules of Competition;
- give your consent to:
- the processing of your personal data for the purposes of the Competition;
- free use of your image on photographs and video recordings in printed and electronic materials related to XTERRA Poland 2017, including but not limited to websites and photo galleries.
The consent form can be viewed in Annex 1 to the Rules of Competition and will be available for your signature when you come to the Race Office to collect your race kit.
- An identity document with the photograph of the parent/legal guardian must be shown at the Race Office in order to collect a race kit and number.
- Competitors are required to comply with the rules of XTERRA World Tour, the regulations of the Polish Triathlon Union (available on www.triathlon.pl) and the present Rules of Competition. By registering, you agree to participate in the Competition in accordance with the present Rules of Competition, the rules of XTERRA World Tour and the regulations of the Polish Triathlon Union (available on, respectively, www.xterraplanet.com and www.triathlon.pl).
- By registering, you acknowledge that you participate in the Competition at your own risk and responsibility, taking into accounts risks associated with the nature and distance of the race, which may involve risks to your health or life. To participate in XTERRA Poland Kids 2017, you should be in good health and free from any conditions which make it inadvisable for you to participate in a sports competition.
- Competitors are required to follow the rules of public order and stewards’ instructions and to show respect to other competitors. Persons who violate the rules of public order, interfere with the course of the competition or breach the Rules of Competition, the regulations of the Polish Triathlon Union or the rules of XTERRA World Tour may be removed by the Organiser from the venue of the event. Competitors acknowledge and agree that the Organiser has the right to exclude any competitor from the race if he/she does not comply with the present Rules of Competition, the regulations of the Polish Triathlon Union, the rules of XTERRA World Tour or instructions of the Organiser’s staff during the Competition.
- Competitors may deposit their personal belongings bags, which they must label with the race number received with their race kit. The deposit is not intended for storage of valuables or items that may be damaged unless handled with extra care. Items left in the deposit will be kept in plastic bags within the START–FINISH zone and may be collected on presentation of the competitor’s race number. If you lose your race number, the Organiser will not be liable if your belongings are collected by another person.
- The Organiser is not liable for damage, if any, caused by competitors as a result of their participation in the Competition.
- Each age category will be separately classified.
- Girs and boys will be separately classified within each age category.
- Age categories may be merged when there are less than three entries in any category so that there are a minimum of three competitors per category.
- W poszczególnych kategoriach wiekowych dla pierwszych trzech miejsc, zostaną wręczone pamiątkowe puchary lub nagrody rzeczowe.
- Every athlete who finishes the race will receive a medal and a diploma.
- Prizes may be collected only during the presentation ceremony.
XI. RULES OF BEHAVIOUR IMPORTANT FOR ROAD SAFETY
Swim (for aquathlon and triathlon)
- Before the start of the swim, the Race Referee will read out the name of each competitor on the start list and will note down the number of competitors on the start list, or will count the competitors starting the swim leg.
- The Race Referee will note down each competitor exiting water.
- The Race Referee will give the starting signal after receiving confirmation from the stewards positioned on the bank of the waterbody that the swim course is clear of any obstacles that could affect the safety of swimmers.
- Rescue services are allowed to retreat from their positions only after the Race Referee has been satisfied that the lists of competitors starting and fishing the swim leg tally with each other.
- If any competitor leaves the swim course and exits water away from the finish line, this must be reported to the Race Referee and stewards.
- Only the competitors who have their race number written by the Organiser on one arm and leg with waterproof marker will be allowed to enter the race.
- Each competitor is required to: have a swimming cap (provided by the Organiser). Wetsuits are allowed/
- Competitors are required to strictly obey orders of stewards and rescue services.
- Competitors may use any stroke to propel themselves through the water.
- Competitors may walk on the bottom in the start and finish zone of the swim leg, as well as may stand on the bottom. For safety reasons, competitors may briefly hold a kayak/line, buoy/boat to rest.
- Race officials (referees, lifeguards) may withdraw a competitor from the race for health reasons, visible signs of hypothermia, use of prohibited devices, security reasons or if he/she does not complete the swim by the designated cut-off time.
- Race officials may help competitors to come out of the water at the finish of the swim.
- For safety reasons, the swim may be cancelled if water temperature is lower than 16 degrees Celsius.
- If there are obstacles floating in the water which significantly affect the safety of competitors or if the temperature of the air, wind or other weather conditions are unfavourable, the Organiser may shorten, delay or cancel the swim leg. If the start is delayed, this will be clearly communicated to competitors.
- Competitors are allowed to use swimming goggles. The use of equipment such as paddles, fins, socks, webbed gloves and snorkels is prohibited. Armbands are allowed. Swimming float noodles are not allowed because of the risk of nuisance to other competitors
- For the reasons of safety of competitors in the swim leg, the Organiser will ensure the presence of lifeguards on paddle boats, divers on a motorboat and stewards positioned along the shore of the waterbody to report any obstacles floating in the water that may affect the safety of swimmers.
- The swim part will proceed as follows: competitors will enter the water, take a position at the start line (marked by flags on the shore of the waterbody) and stay on the bottom or on the surface of the water for about 1 minute. At a signal from the Race Referee, they begin to swim along the course marked on the map, which will be available on the website of the Competition. The course of the swim will also be discussed at the race briefing.
Bike (dla aquathlonu i triathlonu)
- The route is mostly along paved roads and partly gravel paths.
- Competitors are advised to familiarise themselves with the bike course. They can do it either on their own, using the map provided on the website, or by joining the official course familiarisation ride.
- Competitors are responsible for making sure that their bikes are in race-ready condition. The Race Referee may inspect bikes as they are checked into the transition zone.
- The bike should meet the following technical conditions:
- Have a maximum length of 2 m and a maximum width of 50 cm,
- Both wheels must be spoked and have the same size,
- Handle bar ends must be plugged, tyres well glued and handle bars, wheels and seat posts tight,
- Each wheel must have a working brake;
- The number supplied by the Organiser must be displayed on the frame of the bike;
- Helmets are mandatory and must be approved as safe by the Referee. Helmets must be worn and securely fastened at all times during the bike section from the moment the bike is picked up at the transition zone until it is dropped off at the finish of the bike section. Liquid and food containers used by competitors must be made of unbreakable material. Any other containers (glass or porcelain) are prohibited.
- As the bike route will be open to pedestrians, bikers, roller skaters, etc., competitors must exercise caution throughout the bike section.
- Stewards will be positioned at critical places along the bike course to guide competitors.
- The course of the Competition will be discussed in detail at the race briefing.
- The race number sticker must be affixed to the front of the helmet. The race number must also be displayed on the front of the handle bar.
- Bikes must be dismounted and walked in the transition zone.
- Competitors are allowed to walk or run with their bike while on the race course.
- In the case of age categories 1 and 2, parents are welcome to assist children at the transition zone. However, for organisational reason, only one parent per child is allowed to be at the transition zone
Run (for triathlon)
- The run will be immediately after the bike.
- The run course will be on plots of land which are not roads within the meaning of the Act on public roads. The course is off-road.
- Competitors may walk and stop while running.
- The following is prohibited:
- running bare-chested;
- running barefoot on any section of the run;
- wear a helmet while running;
- use of fixed structures to change direction;
- have a pacer;
- use of aids (e.g. Nordic walking poles);
- use of water bottles made of fragile material.
- Competitors are required to wear the race number provided by the Organiser on their front or race belt.
- The course of the Competition will be discussed in detail at the race briefing.
XII. REFRESHMENT AND MEDICAL AID STATIONS
- A refreshment station with beverages, fruit and snacks will be available at the FINISH zone after the Competition.
- Medical aid stations will be located at the START-FINISH zone and will be staffed by paramedics.
- The Organiser will ensure medical aid along the course and at the finish line during and after the Competition.
XIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The right to participate in the race is not transferrable to other persons and may not be sold for money.
- Results will be published on the event’s website (http://xterrapoland.pl) and will be communicated immediately after the race.
- Written protests concerning the organisation or results of the race must be addressed to the XTERRA Poland Organisational Office at email@example.com within a maximum of 24 hours after the end of the race. Protests will be decided on by the Commission appointed by the Organisational Committee. Decisions of the Commission will be final. Protests will be decided on within 3 days. Afterwards, the results will become official.
- It is prohibited to offer race kits for the purposes of any competitions unless the Organiser gives its written consent.
- All necessary information is available under the relevant tabs on http://xterrapoland.pl.
- The Organiser may change the time and/or venue of the Competition. This information will be communicated to competitors on the event’s website and by e-mail not later than 24 hours before the start of the race. Such changes do not create any additional obligations of the Organiser towards competitors nor give rise to any claims of competitors against the Organiser.
- These Rules of Competition may be amended by the Organiser. Amendments to these Rules, if any, will take effect as soon as they are published on the website.
- A consent form for participation of a minor person in the Competition, including consent to personal data processing and image publication